Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Back Home

In case you were wondering...We are back home! I know I should have posted sooner, but oh my goodness gracious has it been busy at our house?! From the moment we walked in the door it has literally been balls to the wall (yes I said balls), full force, back into the world of the Stone family.
First of all....LOOK AT THIS FACE!!!!!!!!!! Missed him so. I think he grew up while I was gone.



Renzi is still in quite a lot of pain, but I just know it has to be good for him to be at home. Everything is always better when you can sleep in your own bed. Right?!! He is very sore and moving slow, but he gets up and walks every hour or so. He has to wear a brace and can't lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk for two weeks nor can he drive for two weeks as well. He also gets to wear these really pretty compression hose. My man has great legs I tell ya!

Jackson was SOOOOO beyond happy his daddy was home!

So...I have begun the task of caring for two little people and one big person. EEK! Also, managing a major renovation project in our house (pics to come soon!), planning a first birthday party for this weekend for Walker, oh and trying to get to my office and actually do my job that I actually get paid for, while also trying to make sure everyone is fed, comfortable, has something to drink, takes their meds, gets to school on time, gets dressed, bathes, lunches packed, etc. etc. etc. I thought it was hard getting it all together for just the kiddos, but add one more person in there who can't bend over and put shoes on and it adds a bit more chaos to our everyday lives. Honestly, I wouldn't change it for the world, because my greatest joy is caring for my family.

It made me think of this quote by Shauna Niequist, one of my favorite authors:

“...now that I am a mother, I understand what Mother's Day is about: it's about looking through our lives and recognizing the act of mothering everywhere we see it, and more than that, recognizing that when any of us mother-- when we listen, nuture, nourish, protect--we're doing sacred work.”
“Many of the most deeply spiritual moments of my life haven't happened just in my mind or in my soul. They happened while holding my son in the middle of the night, or watching the water break along the shore, or around my table, watching the people I love feel nourished in all sorts of ways.”

“I think preparing food and feeding people brings nourishment not only to our bodies but to our spirits. Feeding people is a way of loving them, in the same way that feeding ourselves is a way of honoring our own createdness and fragility.”

If you haven't read any of her books, run out and do it now! I am reading "Bittersweet" right now and it really hits home for me.



And this picture pretty much sums up most of my days. What is it about boys and wanting to wrestle all of the time? How come no one is ever interested in coloring quietly???

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Love,
Lee Anne


No comments: