Sunday, January 24, 2010

My soul finds rest in God alone....

What a tiring week we had here at the Stone household. We had two sick babies this week, and believe it or not, one baby ended up in the hospital!!! Isaiah had been sick all week and just wasn't getting better. He was diagnosed with a sinus infection on Tuesday, but had stomach issues as the week progressed. By Thursday, he had officially gone almost 24 hours without a wet diaper and lots of throwing up (all over us! yuck!) and other yucky stuff too (again, all over us, double yuck!). I called our pediatrician who thought that since he couldn't seem to keep anything down (including his seizure meds), he had lost a significant amount of weight, and just wasn't looking great that he needed to be hospitalized for dehydration. :( I, of course, refused to go to Children's Hospital so we were lucky to get to go to Mercy hospital and hook him up to IV fluids there. After 12 hours of fluid and an IV antibiotic drip our little man started to perk up. He continued to get better as the next day went on and started keeping formula and baby food down, so our pediatrician said we could go home late Friday night. Yay!

Needless to say, we were all exhausted, so we have spent the weekend trying to recover and were rewarded with a pretty good night's sleep last night from Isaiah. He only woke up 2 times! Yippeee! That was really a needed blessing since Renzi and I went on a much needed date last night to our precious friend JW Peters birthday party and were out a little later than we normally like to be out these days.

I came across a blog today of a family in Texas whose 11 month old is going through chemo. She was talking about being so tired and she said she found a verse that was helping her push through the tiredness. Here it is: "My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalm 62: 1-2

I need to remind myself of this verse every day because I need to remember that my rest does come from God alone. Continue to put your faith in the Lord and he will refresh you and show you the way. So, here's to a good week full of the Lord and rest! :)

Also, this week is Renzi's birthday! How blessed we are to have him in our lives and how lucky I am to have him as my husband. Through this trial we have been through with Isaiah, I am so proud of how strong our marriage is and how much of a team we truely are. I am without words when I think of how much I love this man and how amazing of a father he is. Our boys are so incredibly lucky to have such a Godly, wonderful man as their dad. So, Happy Early Birthday to the greatest husband ever. Thank you for marrying me. You make me a better person every day.

Cheers!
Lee Anne

2 comments:

Lori B. said...

I just teared up reading your post! (Could be the pregnancy hormones??) Anyway, I am so sorry about your stressful week. You guys are such an amazing couple. Scott & I were talking about how strong y'all are & how well you are handling such a difficult situation. Sick babies are no fun!!! We are praying for the Stones!

B. Young said...

What a wonderful post. I hate that the tummy stuff didn't go away. Jennings was still throwing up on Friday, so it seems that this virus was a lot longer than expected. I am so glad he is better!