Tuesday, April 30, 2013

New York!

We traveled to NYC this past weekend for a wedding of one of Renzi's buddies from college. Jackson, my little travel buddy got to come with us and I was so excited to show him around one of my favorite cities! When I worked for Pfizer many moons ago, our headquarters were in NYC so I would spend weeks at a time there and that's when I first fell in love with this beautiful place.
Here we are after just landing!




Friday evening we went to see Wicked on Broadway. Renzi's friend Cano's, the groom, fiancée Rhea is in the ensemble of Wicked so it was even more special to see her in action!




The whole thing was amazing and I had tears in my eyes after the first act. So much talent!
After the show we walked through Times Square...Jackson found one of his most favorite things. And in a life size version. Chocolate syrup for his chocolate milk. And no, I did not buy this.




Times Square selfie!
















It's amazing what you find in Times Square. Here are just a few of Jackson's favorite people!


Saturday morning we met up at this wonderful breakfast spot called "Bubby's" in TriBeCa with my cousin, Christie, her husband, Yomi and their two kids, Julian (5) and Naomi (2). Christie and I are three days apart in age and we have always been two peas in a pod. Our grandmother used to call us "Snow White and Rose Red." We took to those names and then one day we thought, "who the heck is Rose Red??"

She grew up in Greensboro, NC and went to college at Cornell and then medical school at Duke and is currently a doctor at NYU. She is also preggers with her third baby! She's pretty much amazing. It was so special to have out kids bond and have a fab time together.

Here we are at the TriBeCa film festival.




See???? These boys are best friends.



Jackson insisted on getting to his hair spray painted. Orange.



They then had a dance off on one of the stages. Here is my shy child (ahem, cough, cough) front and center. He can really move!







After the festival we grabbed a late lunch and walked around more. Great day.

Sunday we woke up and Christie and fam met us at the Waldorf Astoria for their famous brunch and we headed out to the 9/11 Memorial. Here is the gorgeous Freedom Tower.



Inside the Memorial where the Twin Towers used to stand are these huge waterfalls that flow into smaller waterfalls that flows into even smaller ones. Surrounding the waterfalls are the names of each person that died in the towers. It's amazingly quiet and very peaceful.





The boys were very respectful and sweet while we were there.



After the memorial we hopped on a boat and did a harbor tour. Here are the three cuties checking out the skyline.



My cute hubby and oldest baby!



Love love love little Naomi. She makes me *almost* want to have another baby and for it to be a girl. I said almost people. Not happening. :)



Lady Liberty!!!



Cool dudes.



And....the gorgeous bride and groom! The reception was at a quaint little restaurant in Brooklyn. Aren't they fab?



Cano and Tim. Classic.



Love my Natalie!



And an outfit change for the bride! So pretty!



And afterwards....my lovies passed out! So tired!!!



Walker bear stayed home with Kayla....and he had a great time with her. We missed him sooo much but it was great spending one on one time with Jackson.

To sum up....I love NYC and would love to someday live there with my family! Hmmm....maybe someday!!!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Looks so fun! NYC is my favorite destination as well! I always tell Daniel that I don't want to live there but just visit for weeks at a time! Now if only we could figure out how that fits in the budget...