Thursday, February 9, 2012

Surprise Baby Shower!

Today my Leadership Oklahoma City class threw me a surprise diaper shower during our monthly class session today. I was totally shocked and feel so blessed by my classmates. They all brought diapers and wipes and even coordinated with eachother to bring three different sizes of diapers so we wouldn't have too much of one size. Seriously, so stinking thoughtful!!!

This experience of being a part of LOKC Class 30 has been such a gift. (not to confuse everyone but I work for Leadership Oklahoma, a statewide organization while LOKC is a city wide organization) When I applied to be a member of the Signature Program I had no idea if I would even be chosen out of all of the applicants. I also had no idea how much I would learn about OKC, nor did I know how many amazing people I would meet in the program.

We have spent one full day out of each month focusing on a different issue facing our great city, touring, meeting and hearing from our city leaders, discussing in depth how we can help OKC grow and all the while getting the chance to get to know the other members of our class who are leaders in their own businesses and careers. I say this everytime one of our class sessions is over, but I am in awe of the caliber of people I get the privilege to be class members with.

So...to all of my LOKC Class 30'ers...thank you so much for the surprise today. I love you all!!!


-Lee Anne

1 comment:

The Holleymans said...

Hi Friend!!! I just wanted you to know that I was so glad to hear from you! You are on my prayer list and hope all is going well with your pregnancy! I am shocked that I have not seen you at Mirabile!!! I am there every week or two and have been since Oct!!!:) Lots of Dr visits! I am so happy for you and can't wait to hear about your happy healthy delivery!!
Love,
Lindsey Holleyman