Sunday, June 5, 2011

This weekend's shenanigans....

Happy Sunday to you and yours! This afternoon as we were running errands and in two separate cars, (Renzi was washing my car AND his car, THANK YOU HONEY!) he sent me this picture from the car wash line...and I felt like it pretty much summed up this weekend. :) A little bit crazed and a whole lot of fun.


We actually had a wonderful weekend with family! Both of Vicki's (my mother-in-law's) brothers and their wives were in town to visit and we just had the best time catching up and visiting. Uncle Grainger and Aunt Sandy are from Pennsylvania and Uncle Teb and Aunt Linn are from Georgia and everyone came to spend time with all of us. Friday night, Vicki cooked dinner at her house and we had a great time together, and Saturday we had everyone over to our house for an all day swim and cook out party. Lots of fun and lots of great conversations. It seems like most of the time when we all get together it is for a wedding, funeral, or some other event, which is always a nice time to get together and catch up... but this time all that was on the agenda was hanging out together. It was awesome.

And of course, I took ZERO pictures. Way to go Lee Anne! I guess you could say I was too busy hostessing, (or too busy swimming and having a good time! ha!).

All in all, it was so great to be together and relax. We needed to have a relaxing weekend because it is about to be a really busy time here at the Stone house!

This next weekend is the beginning of the Youth Leadership Oklahoma (YLOK) program, which is my job. On Sunday, June 12th I will embark on my annual week long trip with 50 of the most amazing high school seniors to be across the state of Oklahoma. To learn more about this trip and my job, please visit www.leadershipoklahoma.com I am so blessed to work for this organization (going on more than 4 years now!) and to get to spend time with these amazingly talented high school students. I am so excited to meet all of these kiddos that I have been reading about for months and months and show them the beauty of our great state. I have the greatest gig in ever.

So, it's going to be a very busy week preparing for the trip, loving on my Jackson and my honey before I leave them for a week...but also....there is something in the works for Tuesday, June 14th that I can't wait to share with you all. (And no, I am NOT pregnant so don't go getting any ideas. :)

Until I blog again (which in all reality may be tomorrow...not next week. :)

-Lee Anne

No comments: