Thursday, June 17, 2010

Laying my baby to rest.



I don't really feel like blogging about Isaiah's internment service that Renzi and I had so I will just say a few things and be done...it was awful and peaceful all at the same time. Here are pictures of his plaque. Inside the sealed plaque is his urn and some special items that we placed in there with him. The main thing I had to keep reminding myself was...he's not here. None of the people who are in the Columbarium are there. It's just a place to come and remember him, but he is not there. He celebrated his first birthday in Heaven and what a birthday party he must have had. I bet he ate an entire cookie cake. :)

I feel like now I can move on. I have been anxious about the internment and felt like I was moving backwards in my grieving process, but now I know how important it is to lay someone to rest somewhere peaceful. We truely felt his presence that day.

Jackson keeps saying that he "lost his baby and can't find him." Then, in the same breath he will say, "But Zayah is in Heaven with Jesus and God in the snow and the clouds and he is napping." Sometimes I think we should take lessons from a 2 year old. They make it so simple and breathtaking.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tears in my eyes reading this. I love the passage you took a picture of! Isaiah probably did eat the entire cookie cake! Love it! Jackson is precious and I can't wait for him to play with his cousin Jake. I look forward to seeing you guys hopefully soon! Love you all and my prayers continue your way!
Love, B