Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Walker's 1st Birthday Letter

Dearest Walker,
My sweet and precious angel baby. 

You have brought me so much joy over the past year...and so much healing. You have healed my heart in places I didn't know were broken. You have mended my fears, calmed my thoughts and made our family feel complete again. Of course, we are always going to miss your brother, Isaiah,  but I believe he picked you to heal us, encourage us, and because he loves us so.

The first time I saw your face I burst into a thousand tears of happiness. Your sweet scrunched up face...and that head full of dark hair. My little man, I called you.

And so our journey together began....

Over the past year you have grown a ton, eaten a ton, laughed a ton, cried a ton, and slept a....well, you slept some. :) You started out at 8 lbs. 7 oz , 20.5 inches long and you were three weeks early! I thank you for not making me wait and end up having a 12 pound baby. You now weigh 25 lbs. 15 oz. and you are 31.5 inches long. 97 percentile across the board.

You love to play with basketballs, soccer balls, baseballs, you name it. You say, "Baa," and point to the ball. You also try to shoot the ball into anything that is near. You even throw the ball amazingly well. You and I spend countless hours rolling and throwing the ball back and forth to eachother.

You love to dance! Anytime there is music on you start shaking your booty and bobbing your head! I love it so much!

You can say, "Mama," "Dada," "Abell," (Annabelle), "Nigh Night," "Nack," (Snack), and when you are calling for Jackson you make this funny sort of grunting noise...You also sign More, All Done, and Thank you. I love watching you learn new things!

You took your first steps a few days before your first birthday and you are now taking about 8-10 steps at a time. I love watching how proud you get...you have great balance so you never fall down, you kind of glide down and then you stand back up with that incredible smile on your face and wait for us to clap for you before you try again. I love your determination and the fact that you love an audience!


You have a head full of curly brown hair and I love it so much! Your smile is so stinking cute and I love how you flirt with every girl that you come into contact with. You will smile super big and then bury your head in my shoulder and peek out while smiling. Then you will lunge for that person and give them a huge hug! Too cute.

You love your Mothers Day Out and your teachers love you too! You go on Mondays while I work and then on Thursdays.  They say you are very vocal (translation LOUD!)...and you like to play with the other kiddos in your class. I love watching you when I come to pick you up after school is over and you are playing with someone or snuggling with the teacher. I love that you are getting to interact with others and be social with other kiddos! (It's also good for mom to get a break as well! :)

My hope for you is that you will always be strong but loving, opionated but humble, joyful in the spirit of the Lord, and always laugh and not take life too seriously.

My hope for myself as your mom is to teach you the Love of God so that you will always share it with others freely. I pray that I can teach you how to be a gentleman, a good friend, and to understand the importance of family!

My sweet sweet love....thank you for giving us a fantastic first year. I can't wait for the many years to follow!

Love you always and forever,
Mommy

No comments: