Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Positively Positivness.

Happy New Year!!! I am really looking forward to 2012....I mean, look at this precious face??? How could you not look forward to the day/year/moment when this little man smiles at you like this?




Renzi and I made a decision New Year's Day that we are going to be MORE positive in our every day lives. I feel that he and I are pretty postive already, but there is ALWAYS room for improvement. Especially when life gets in the way.


Like for example.....


We return home after a wonderful New Year's Eve and Day at our lake house when we discover that Renzi's wallet is missing. We search and search and can't find it anywhere! Since we have these new positive attitudes we decide not to let it get us down and he spends the next three hours canceling all of his credit cards, etc.


Then.....


After being gone for the Holidays for 9 days, you can imagine the amount of laundry that needs to be done (oh, and maybe I should mention that I went on a laundry strike a few days before the holidays where I did zero laundry. I mean...everyone needs a break, right?) As my procastinator ways go, I am one of those people who reserves one day a week to do ALL of the laundry. I am not one to do one or two loads a day. I have to be highly motivated to do laundry. Like, we have to all be almost out of underwear. If I do, let's say, 12 loads of laundry in a day, I am more likely to actually take the laundry out of the dryer, fold it and put it up in the room where it needs to go.


So.....


I had planned to spend the bulk of yesterday afternoon doing everyone's laundry. When I went to transfer the first load to the dryer, my dryer was dead. Like totally kaput.


So....


I did what most of all of you would do it that situation. I went out and bought everyone new underwear from Target to last until we get our dryer fixed. See??? Positive Attitude, Postive Thinking, Problems Solved. :)


Then, today I woke up with plenty of time to have a cup of coffee while watching the first 15 minutes of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (my guilty pleasure) before everyone woke up. Jackson woke up and came in to snuggle with me. I made him breakfast and went to go and get in the shower and get ready for work (oh and by the way something is up with our water heater because the shower I took was COLD). Jackson even dressed himself for school. We were on a roll on this first morning back!


One thing I didn't take into account is that I am more pregnant than I was even just a couple of weeks ago. And this momma, moves SLOW. In my head, every task I do goes quicker than it actually does. So, needless to say, Jackson was late (but only by a few minutes!) to his first day back at school and I made it to work a few minutes later than normal.


I'll tell you what though...this new postive attitude made me laugh harder at myself than I normally do. It's almost as if I can't make this stuff up.


So, I write all of this to remind myself that even though things go wrong and life is hard sometimes, you really do have to find the positive and the funny in everything, because when you think about it, life is pretty funny most of the time. You have to learn to roll with the punches of whatever is thrown at you and not dwell on the little things or the big things for that matter.


Life happens.


And I love this life.


So, here's to a great 2012. Lots of changes coming our way this year. And I can't wait!


-Lee Anne

No comments: