Friday, January 27, 2012

"Do not be anxious about anything..."

Look at this precious face!!!



Now look at this HUGE baby belly!



Seriously, folks...I can't get much bigger...right??!!!

It's been a bit of a roller coaster of a week for me and this pregnancy. I had an ultrasound last Friday, and while everything looked great with the baby, I am the one who apparently has some issues. (insert sarcastic laugh here). At the beginning and the end of my appointment my blood pressure was really high. Not crazy high, but high enough that I have had to undergo some lab work and a ridiculously gross 24 hour test that I won't even go into detail about here.

I have NEVER had a problem with my blood pressure before, and the thing that is scary to me about it all is that I feel fine! And everyone seems to be freaking out about my blood pressure so I feel like I should freak out, but it's hard to freak out when you feel fine, and then you start to freak out and then you think, hmmm this freaking out probably makes my blood pressure go up, so you try to not freak out and then....whew....

Needless to say, I am now being monitored very closely for preeclampsia and have been put on "Restricted Activity." (Which, by the way, what the H does that mean anyway??? Again, when you feel fine it is really hard to NOT do a whole lot. I have been told to "listen to my body," and not do too much, but again...when you feel fine and your body acts as if it is fine I now find myself having a hard time "listening to my body." I am questioning everything I am doing now, wondering if something is ok or not which is literally driving me bonkers.)

So, long story short, I am now seeing my doctor on a weekly basis, having non stress tests twice a week, and ultrasounds once a week and I have to do the gross 24 hour test again this Sunday. Again, thankfully, everything seems perfect with baby boy and the issues seem to only be with me. I will take anything with myself as long as the baby seems to be doing well. Baby is still measuring 3.5 weeks ahead and according to the ultrasound we had last week he is measuring to be right around 4 lbs. 13 oz.

My doctor says we will just take it one week at a time. Small hurdles, small goals.

I really am trying to not be anxious or over think or over google things too much, but it is so hard.

I keep coming back to this verse.

"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
-Philippians 4:6

Much love to you all! Until the next post....

-Lee Anne

No comments: