Thursday, January 5, 2012

29 weeks!

29 weeks preggers. 29 weeks preggers. 29 WEEKS PREGGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things have been moving along quite smoothly with this pregnancy...except for a few minor bumps..ha ha, I said bumps.

First off all, let me just say that I have been feeling pretty good since the first trimester and I am so thankful for that. But, it became very apparent to me early on that my baby bump was REALLY REALLY large. Like two months ago I looked like I did right before I gave birth to Jackson. I chalked it up to it being my third pregnancy and went on my way.

But apparently, I was mistaken. My baby bump is HUGE.

At an appointment I had with Dr. Mirabile at 25 weeks for an ultrasound was the first time I heard that my bump was big. He then did the ultrasound and started laughing. I was 25 weeks and the ultrasound said I was measuring 28 weeks. The baby was supposed to be something like 1 lb 5 oz and they were estimating he was 2 lbs. 12 oz. He mentioned that I most likely had gestational diabetes and that my baby was really big.

Luckily I went in for my glucose test the next day.

And I FAILED!

Grrr.....

So, I had to do the dreaded 3 hour glucose test. And it was brutal!!

Luckily, I only failed one blood draw out of the three hour draws so that doesn't mean I am diabetic. Yay! I immediately went out and got a cheeseburger and some cookie cake.

Fast forward to my doc appointment yesterday and Dr. Lisa told me that she wants me to follow a diabetic "diet." Grrr again. She said I was borderline diabetic and it would just be better for everyone involved to cut my carb intake down and watch my sugars. Did you know that means if I eat a piece of fruit I have to accompany it with something like cheese or peanut butter? So many things to think about, but of course, I will do anything to keep this baby healthy!

She also measured my stomach again and I am 29 weeks measuring 32.5 weeks. BIG BABY! Since I am having another C-Section it shouldn't matter too much, but we will begin ultrasounds every two weeks and non-stress tests twice a week starting in two weeks. I love that Dr. Lisa is being so cautious with me and it really feels good to know she just wants us to be at ease and take away as much anxiety as she can. She does say that this baby looks perfect and that is such a blessing to hear.

So, here I am.....32 weeks along...Oh wait, just kidding...29 weeks along....
Still so thankful that I feel pretty good most of the time. By the end of the day I am toast, but am thankful for good nights sleep still (minus all of the potty breaks throughout the night). It's getting hard to believe that we will be interrupting our sleep soon with a new baby. We went so long without sleeping with Isaiah, it's hard to comprehend waking up every few hours again. But, of course, what better thing to wake up for than a precious babe?

Thank you Jesus for the blessing of another baby!

Oh and what is this baby's name you may be asking? Hmmmm....We still have no idea. A few names are being tossed about, but nothing is sticking yet. So, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Jackson is stuck on naming his brother Captain Hook Stone. He even asked me today if the baby would have a hook for a hand when he came out.

Ummmm. OK......



-Lee Anne

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Yay! I've been waiting for a Baby Stone #3 update! :) You look amazing and I'm glad you both are doing well. I'm glad to know i wasn't the only one who failed the one hour, took the three, found out I passed and celebrated with forbidden foods haha! (mine was a giant caramel fudge sundae)

Allison said...

Yay Lee!! Hooray for big healthy babies, sounds like baby three is quite the whopper. I'm glad they are watching so closely and also that you won't have to go through what I did pushing a giant out!

I think BigMac would be fitting... BigMac Stone :-)

xoxo love you bunches!

Katie Nash said...

I think you look beautiful and you know what they say?? Big babies mean good sleepers!! I will keep my fingers crossed that is the case with this little boy! What about Anderson?? Anderson Stone sounds like a famous actor to me :)