Monday, August 1, 2016

Day 9

This morning we had a quiet morning at the apartment and then all got ready for church! I was so excited because we were going to Hillsong church in Times Square!!
I'm pretty much obsessed with Hillsong United so I was pumped for the praise and worship music I knew was in store for us!

 

 

As I had hoped, of course it was amazing! They sang new songs and some old ones and it was so refreshing to see the whole room just come alive with love for Jesus! After being in NYC for over a week now, it's easy to become discouraged in the niceness of people. People are just downright rude here sometimes. But in that room...it was so full of joy it made my heart so happy!
The speaker that morning was a Hillsong pastor from Australia and he spoke about choices. We all have choices we get to make in our lives...Jesus died on the cross but he did not do that and we all automatically get saved. No, he died so that we could make the choice to have him live on our hearts. 

After church we had an awesome brunch at the famous Tavern on the Green. It has been totally remodeled in the last two years and it was just beautiful! It is the only restaraunt actually located IN Central Park.

 

 

 

 

We walked home through Central Park after lunch. I swear everytime I walk through that park I wind up somewhere I have never been before.

 

We had a relaxing afternoon in our apartment because it was raining. We all read, played Uno, colored and rested.

We had some friends in town from OKC and we met them for dinner that night at Mr. Chow. Holy cannoli...it was so good.

 

 

No comments: