Monday, May 7, 2012

The Stone Family Garden


Hello from Walker Stone....This little cutie's tummy continues to get better and better each day. His smiles literally melt my heart into mush. Then Jackson comes around and loves on his brother and my heart gets even mushier.




We had a good weekend at our house....

Renzi and I went to a Kentucky Derby party...and I got to wear a hat! It was loads of fun.





And....we also did something that I thought we would never do...

We now have a vegetable garden in our backyard!!!

Renzi and one of his friends literally built these two flats or boxes for us to have our own veggie garden! They worked so incredibly hard and the results are amazing!



Here is our corner box for the taller plants.



We are going to plant the veggie seeds/plants this evening. So far we have cucumbers, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, bean sprouts, spinach, jalapenos, rosemary, cilantro, basil, raspberries and strawberries! I seriously can't wait to see what happens. I have high hopes!!!

Jackson and I are going to paint/decorate the wood so I will post after pictures in the next few days. Jackson is also excited to have a new chore on his chore chart which will be watering the plants/veggies.

Wow. I feel so...Domestic? Farmlike? Organic? Hahahahaha!!!

Wish us luck!

-Lee Anne

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the hat how fun! Walker is so cute :) The vegetable garden is an Awesome idea, I really want to do one but I am afraid of getting rats, we live in the city. I hope to see you on the linkup tomorrow!