Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Letter to Isaiah-Two Years Later

Dear Isaiah,
My precious baby boy.



Where do I even begin?


Two years ago today you passed away. Two years ago today, our life was turned upside down in ways I can not even begin to explain. But...two years ago today, you met your Maker...Our precious Lord and Savior.

The past two years without you have been a whirlwind of emotions. I still feel that sometimes it seems like you were just here with us and other times it seems like a lifetime ago. It is still so hard for me to believe that you are gone.

You have a new baby brother now. His name is Walker and he is our newest blessing. But...you already know all of this...I know you had a hand in bringing him to us. And I know you are watching down on us all now, proud to be a big brother to him. He will never ever replace you as you will forever be in our hearts and on our minds. He looks so much like a mixture of your brother and you and I am so thankful for that. I need to see you in him....and I do. Such beautiful boys I have.

I promise to tell Walker all about you. Your big brother already tells him so many things about his little brother Isaiah. Every night and before every meal when he says his prayers he always thanks God for you. My prayer is that he will always do this. I promise to always tell him how brave you are. How smart you are. How loving and faithful you always are.

We do miss you my precious Zayah...every single day. But...I am so thankful that the pain of losing you doesn't sting as bad as it used to. Believe me, there are still days when it cuts me like a knife when I think about it, but the pain has lessened. I think more about the good times and less about the bad.

I have moved forward in my grieving in that I would like to refer to May 17th not as the day that you died, but as your "Glory Day." The day that you got to go to Heaven with our Glorious God. What a glorious day that must have been for you!

I love you always and forever my precious baby boy. I miss you. But, I find comfort in knowing that you are with our Maker and living a most glorious life.

I'll see you again someday my love,

Love always and forever,
Mommy.

6 comments:

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Such a beautiful post. Praying for you today friend!

Katie nash said...

Thinking of you and celebrating Isaiah's Glory Day. Xoxo

Unknown said...

How very sweet your love for him pours through this post! All of your boys are blessed with a wonderful mommy. I am saying a prayer for you now and will continue to pray.

Sharon said...

A beautiful post and Glory Day is a perfect way to remember your precious son.

mommy26baybas said...

Love this...I am so very sorry for your loss.it breaks my heart for you !!

Daisi said...

This made me cry happy and sad tears. You & Renzi & Isaiah are in my prayers!