Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The "Isaiah" Tree

What a wonderful reminder that Spring is here. This is a picture of our "Isaiah" tree in our front yard.







It was given to us last year by Mary Lippert and the wonderful people at Giant Partners after Isaiah died. We weren't sure where exactly to put it so I told the wonderful people from Oakleys who delivered the tree to pick a spot. And what a spot they picked.

They planted the tree in the exact spot where Isaiah used to play in our yard this time last year. Here is a picture that Renzi loves. He was pulling in the driveway and everyone was so happy to see him!





Look at this cute picture Renzi found of the boys in the wagon almost exactly a year ago. I love how Isaiah is just smiling away and how Jackson is grinning at his brother so adoringly.





While getting out of the car this evening I looked up to see my beautiful "Isaiah" tree blooming. A reminder that spring does come again. I am so thankful for this tree, especially as we creep up on a year of him being gone. Things like the tree always make me smile and remember him and I always want to do that. I'm not sure how I am going to be doing in the next 2 months as we come up on a year of my sweet babe's death and his 2nd birthday, but I hope all of you who read this will please say a little prayer of peace for our family. We always appreciate prayers. Much love!





-Lee Anne

2 comments:

The Bynums said...

Lee Anne, we are perfect strangers, but I spent time throughout my day today reading through your blog posts over the last year+. I work with Tim H. and just wanted to take a minute to say hello. I feel connected to you by our faith and have been prayful today for you, Renzi and your precious Jackson. The image of "Isaiah Soars" is on my heart and mind and I have been changed by the words I have read today here on your blog. I blog about our 11 mo old daughter Tessa and her journey with epilepsy, profound hearing loss, cerebral palsy and visual impairement. Our circumstances are very different, but as a friend in faith, I just wanted to let you know that your family has touched my life and I regained a sense of hope today in your story of such love and strength.
Whitney Bynum

Anonymous said...

you and your family are in our prayers. the tree is beautiful.