Monday, March 7, 2011

Thankful Heart












Phillipians 4: 4-13

"Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again, REJOICE! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me-put into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength."

I am having a thankful heart moment so I thought I would post some of the things I am thankful for in this moment.
  • Sweet Jackson saying the blessing before every meal and taking charge and wanting to bless the meal that he and his buddies were having together last night. Oh how my heart melts and fills with pride!
  • A snuggly kiddo first thing out of bed when the coffee is hot and the morning conversations are just beginning.

  • My husband washing my car for me. He does this a lot. My car is a pit. And he doesn't complain about it ever, even though I KNOW it drives him bonkers. He just takes my car and gets it cleaned out for me most every weekend.

  • Sitting in church with my kiddo in Sunday School, and my husband and mother-in-law all sitting together. It's so nice to hear God's word and have family with you.

  • Running at Lake Hefner. I'm back at it again. Took a little hiatus from running but I am back! I love Lake Hefner because it is pretty...but mostly cause it's flat. And this girl does NOT like to run uphill.

  • The conversations my hubby and I have while driving. We solve the world's problems for everyone and ourselves while in the car. :)

  • My precious Jackson's school. He has learned so much and I am in awe watching him grow and learn so many amazing life lessons and school lessons. I had the chance to observe his class two weeks ago and I think I cried at least 6 times. Watching him solve problems and interact with his friends and teachers was such a blessing. I am so proud of the little boy he is!

  • Date nights with my husband. Always fun, always needed!
  • God choosing ME to be my babies' mommy. What an honor and a blessing that the sweet Lord would bestow on me.
What are YOU thankful for today?


Lee Anne

2 comments:

Alysa said...

I love this post because I have been thinking a lot about thankfulness lately. I am reading Ann Voskamp's "1000 Gifts" where she talks about gratitude and giving thanks in all circumstances. In fact, I was memorizing Phil 4:11-12 today while working out this morning :) I am thankful for my family, for Jeff's new job, for our new home, healthy kids, SO many things! Oh, and I totally feel you on the flat running thing :)

kendycox said...

What a lovely post and a reminder to all of us to keep everything in perspective. I have been worrying A LOT lately and I can't seem to fully convince my heart what my head knows....that worry is simply lack of faith, lack of prayer. The act of voicing my thanks for so many things seems to quiet those negative voices! Today I am thankful for a job which allows me to work with amazing people and help couples in ways that can possibly impact their families forever. I am thankful for a husband who doesn't let me get away with ANYTHING. I may hate being called on my words or actions in the moment, but it's the sort of accountability that I think is a really special part of marriage. Finally, I am thankful for children who love and adore me even when I know I'm not giving my all to them at the end of a work day!