Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My New Obsession.




As I have posted in previous blogs, I am a HUGE reader. Love it. Love to read. Love the thought of reading. Love the coziness of reading. Love it. I read every night before bed and I actually used to make people who spent the night at my house read "Babysitters Club" books before they went to bed whether they wanted to or not.

This book is my new obsession.
"IF YOU HAVE TO CRY, GO OUTSIDE. And other things your mother never told you."
By Kelly Cutrone.

To be honest, I think I have a slight obession with Kelly Cutrone in general. Ever since she stepped onto the "sound stage" of the Hills on MTV I have liked her. Maybe its her uncanny knack to speak EXACTLY what is on her mind at any given time. (I actually think I am a little jealous of this trait. How I long to say EXACTLY what is on my mind.) Maybe its her take no prisonors attitude. Maybe its her hard as nails work ethic. Love her or hate her, you have to respect what she has made of herself and her company.

I can not even tell you the last time I actually felt the need to UNDERLINE text in a book (besides my bible, of course!).

Here are a few of the quotes I have underlined from her book. (and I am only half way through!)

"Sometimes, if not most of the time, you find out who you are by figuring out who and what you are not."

"I hope that you too will choose to have a journey instead of just a life."

"There are people we are related to physically, and then there are people we're related to spiritually, emotionally and socially."

"When you are the most happening person at the party, it's time to leave."

"Sometimes the best way to fake it is to shut up."

"If you don't let what you don't know stop you from doing your best in every situation, you will surprise yourself over and over in life."

"You can't fake hard work."

"Sometimes in life seasons don't come in order; instead of fall, winter, spring, summer, we get three winters in a row. But that doesn't mean spring won't come eventually."

"True friends love us no matter what and are willing to call us out on our BS."

So...I just thought I would share these quotes from a great book. Oh and I also just posted a picture of the cutest boy in the world today while at lunch at Pops at Lake Arcadia on Route 66. I love his smile!

Hope everyone is having a great week.
Love!
Lee Anne






1 comment:

Whitney said...

Love the quote about winter! I am going to have to purchase this book!!