Monday, April 26, 2010

Wrapping up Monday....

Whew...What a long day!!!

We just finally put Isaiah down to sleep for the night....he didn't sleep at all after the anesthesia. Who in the world doesn't sleep after anesthesia. Apparently my son. :)

It took about 2 hours to get him fully hooked up to the EMU and he finally got to eat...after going 24 hours without food, he finally ate. He finished off five chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, 2 whole pieces of bread, a sippy cup of water and a fig newton. He finished off the night with 10 oz. of formula. My poor starving child.

After he ate, the EEG tech that is on duty tonight (remember, our room is monitored 24 hours a day with three video cameras and microphones), came into our room and did a photosynthesis strobe light deal to try to induce a seizure. No such luck...Isaiah just laughed. She said she would try again tomorrow. (On a side note...have any of you ever noticed on some video games it has a warning that if you are prone to seizures not to play a certain game? It's because of the strobe light/photosynthesis effect. Apparently that can induce seizures!)

Dr. Willfong will be by in the morning sometime and we are hoping he will be able to tell us what the 3T MRI said. Isaiah is officially "drug free" today and hasn't taken any of his seizure meds since yesterday evening.

Renzi was the baby whisperer tonight and got Isaiah to go to sleep and I just sent Renzi to the hotel so he could get a good night's sleep tonight. I just made my bed on the couch and am hoping for a good night with my little man.

Much love!
Lee Anne
P.S. I am missing Jackson tonight so much!!! He is staying with my grandparents in Clinton this week and is having the time of his life. I am so happy that he is able to spend such quality time with his great grandparents. My grandma said he has been eating like a champ. Of course he is Grandma, you are the best cook in the world! :)

No comments: