Saturday, September 27, 2008

It's been a LOOONGG time!

Wow, it's been a really long time since I last posted...things have just been so crazy in the Stone house. We just returned last Sunday from our week long trip to the East Coast. We spent the first part of the trip in Annapolis and D.C. visiting Renzi's family while he had business in D.C. We had a great time hanging out with Larry in Annapolis and Tuesday night Ginny and Dave hosted a party for us to celebrate Jackson's first birthday since they were unable to make it to his party in Oklahoma. It was awesome and it was so sweet of them to do that.

Wednesday we boarded a train from D.C. to Boston. 7 hours with a 1 year old. It turned out to be a really neat experience and Jackson did pretty well! The scenery was just gorgeous and it was fun to experience the train.
When we got to Boston we checked into our hotel and it was the cutest boutique hotel right in Beacon Hill! We spent Wednesday exploring and went to Hanover Street for a great Italian meal that night. 

Thursday and Friday, Renzi had meetings all day, so Jackson and I explored by ourselves. We went to this great park in Beacon Hill right off the Charles River. I think I was the only actual mom watching their children that day at the park. I have never seen so many nannies in one place! 

Saturday we took Jackson on his first college visit. :) Harvard. We walked around campus and had lunch on campus as well. So fun! Then we jumped into our (rented) red minivan and drove an hour and a half to Portsmouth, New Hampshire. What a cute town! We shopped and walked around all afternoon, then had dinner on the water and Jackson had his first lobster meal. He LOVED it. 

Sunday morning we woke up and had breakfast at this cute place called, "The Friendly Toast," then drove across the bridge to Kittery, Maine where they have these amazing outlet stores. After shopping we drove to Manchester, New Hampshire and flew home!

The sad thing about the trip is that somehow, we didn't make it home with our digital camera. :( For those of you how know me, I still haven't unpacked my suitcase yet, so I am actually holding out hope that it is in there, but it really is not likely that it is. So..I do not have pics to share....which makes me sick...but let's hope it turns up! 

It's been a busy week here since we have been back as well. Our computer cord broke on the way home, so we just picked up the computer today so I have felt a little wierd without it all week. Jackson is walking like a champ these days and it is so awesome to watch! I was cooking dinner the other night and I looked into the living room and Jackson walked from the couch to me in the kitchen! little boy is growing up!

Much love,
Lee Anne

No comments: