Sunday, October 5, 2008

Rough Week!

What a rough week we had here at the Stone house! It all started last Sunday.....Jackson was playing in our room when all of a sudden he lost his balance and fell face first into the fireplace and busted his top gum open. Blood everywhere! He cried a little and Dad took good care of him since I don't do well with blood....we were worried he wouldn't want to eat much of his dinner that night since we were going to Musashi's for my brother's birthday and thought the salt content in the food would bother the cut gums....But boy did Jackson surprise us....he ate everything on his plate and was fascinated with the chef who was cooking in front of us...I think we found a restaraunt where Jackson will finally be entertained and maybe we can actually eat our food at a normal pace. :)

So....on to the rest of the week....

Tuesday evening we went downtown to the Cox Center for the Metro 50 Awards. Each year the OKC Chamber awards the top 50 fastest growing companies in the state, and Renzi's company was up for an award for the 2nd year in a row! We had a babysitter, Lissy, who watches Jackson a lot so off Renzi and I went for the awards dinner. About halfway through dinner I got a call from Lissy and she said Jackson was throwing up! So, I hightailed it home after seeing Renzi get his award and sure enough, my man was projectile vomiting and diarreahing (is that even a word? who cares, I just made it one) everywhere! Poor guy!  This lasted well into the next day and by Wednesday evening Jackson seemed to be making a full recovery. Until he fell into the chair in our kitchen and busted his eyebrow open. Blood again! 

And so we press on...

Wednesday night at 11:00 p.m. Jackson woke up with a crazy high fever....we tried to get it down with Tylenol, but it just wouldn't was 104.8!  So, Thursday we woke up and went to the doctor....and of course, it was just a virus, so he told us to just keep giving him tylenol and it should go down. 


Thursday night at 11:30 p.m. I woke up throwing up! I caught Jackson's horrible bug and couldn't function! Renzi had to stay home Friday to take care of Jackson AND me. I did not get out of bed until 5:30 p.m. Friday. I have NEVER done that before. 

Needless to say, it's Sunday now and everyone seems to be better at our house. Whew. Let's hope this week is filled with healthy people!

No comments: