Friday, January 16, 2015

Sedona

Earlier this week I had the chance to go on a retreat with my YPO Forum to Sedona, Arizona. It was a quick 48 hour trip but oh so good!
I am so thankful for this group of women and feel so blessed to know each of them. Our husbands are all a part of YPO (Young Presidents Organization) and are all a part of their own respective forums and we finally took the plunge and formed a forum of our own. I resisted the forum for a long time because I felt like I didn't have the time and felt like I have enough friends....but this group....man, they sure are special.
We are all in various stages of motherhood, our marriages, our work and life so the perspective I receive from each person is incredible. We meet once a month and follow a meeting format and man do we get deep. It's so refreshing to be able to dive deeper into the kind of woman, mother, wife and friend you want to be. Our conversations are never short of awe inspiring.
YPO encourages forums to take a retreat once a year and so we embarked on our retreat to Sedona. We hiked, went to the spa, took a Pink Jeep tour, took a cooking class, ate great food and even went on a wine tour where our wine tour guide picked us up in a hearse! Seriously. A hearse!!!
We laughed, we cried, we talked for hours and hours and we just had the best time. Everytime I am with these women I come away feeling like I can do anything!
I believe it is so important to take the time to spend time with your girlfriends as much as you can. I know it is so hard to find the time to do this but I always come away feeling energized and smiling so much my face hurts.
I am so thankful for these strong, faithful women in my life. (And Sedona was amazing as well! If you haven't been...go!)

No comments: