Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dentist

I went to the dentist yesterday for the first time in two years.

TWO YEARS!??!! That's ludicrous, you might be saying to yourself...it's ok...I said the same thing to myself too.

The last time I had been to the dentist was a week before I had Isaiah, and life, well, it just sort of happened that way.

Anywho, so I knew I needed to go to the dentist so I made an appointment with Renzi's dentist. Just felt like making a change and thought it would be easier for all of us if we just went to the same dentist.

So after the fabulous hygienist cleaned my teeth and tooth pictures, she showed me her findings. I had actually broken TWO of my back teeth and didn't even know it. I also had TWO cavities. I haven't had a cavity since I was six years old! And speaking of that particular cavity from when I was a wee one, they are going to have to take that filling out because it is the old silvery kind. Oh, and I also am having enamel problems with my top front teeth.

Needless to say, I was VERY upset by all of this troubling news. I take pride in the fact that I never have cavities, that I never had braces, and overall, I have pretty teeth!

But....don't think that my story just ends there...you know it's just getting started.

So, as the lovely dentist is checking out my teeth and chatting about the hours long procedure I am going to have to have on my mouth next week he then says to me, "Now that you are in your forties Lee Anne, you have to realize that your teeth are just going to have things like this happen to them."

FORTIES!!!????

Do I look like I am 40? What makes him think I am 40? Oh the thoughts that were screaming in my head. I couldn't react the way I wanted to because this lovely dentist had some dental tools in my mouth at the time, so my rebuttal to his telling me that I was in my 40's sounded something like this..."Garble, garble, I'm EEEERRTTYYY UNNN!!!!!"

Finally, he let me speak and I couldn't get out fast enough that I was not, in fact, in my 40's, but I was a young, spirited 31 year old hot mom. Ok, so maybe I didn't say the hot mom part, but I did tell him my real age.

The dentist looked puzzled for a second and he pulled out my chart. He checks the birth date on my insurance card. And sure enough, my birthdate said, 12/28/1965. Apparently, Delta Dental of Oklahoma thinks I am 45.

After a good laugh about this I started thinking........

He probably thought I was quite the Cougar for marrying a man 12 years my junior.

You go my 45 year old self.


4 comments:

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Ha! He was probably thinking 'damn she looks good for 45!'.

Alysa said...

That is hilarious!!! I'm sure you will be a beautiful 40-year-old some day :)

Abby Fox said...

I love reading your blog. It always makes me smile!

Adriana said...

1st off you do not look like you are in your 40s!!! and secondly, i hate the dentist and avoid it at all costs so you are NOT alone.