Monday, August 23, 2010

End of Summer is Near....



















Seems like the end of summer is drawing near, so Jackson and I have been cramming in all sorts of "summery" things the past two weeks. We have been to the zoo, the Science Museum, gone swimming twice sometimes three times a day, lunch with friends, ice cream "just because," lake trips, bike rides, shopping (more fun for me than him), birthday parties (his!), playdates with friends, etc.
We also were so excited to have my cousin and her kiddos in town this past week. Jennifer, Abby and Sammy drove all of the way from Las Vegas to hang out with us for a couple of days. The kiddos had a blast and I so enjoyed spending time with Jennifer. Those kiddos are my babies and I can't believe they are getting so old.

Last Sunday we took the kids to Shoguns for a hibachi meal to celebrate Abby's 10th birthday. We had not taken Jackson since he was a baby so it was fun to see his reactions to the cooking that was going on in front of him. As you can see from the pictures, when the fire rose up, he would cover his sweet eyes and then peek out. Jackson is also very independant so when we go out to eat he likes to order his food from the waiter or waitress, so he ordered Sprite and Shrimp at Shoguns and I don't think I have ever seen the child eat as much as he did that night. Love giving him new experiences and eat different things. And LOVED spending time with our cousins.

We also were surprised to open up our door a week ago Friday night to see Renzi's sister Ginny standing on our doorstep! She had come into town as a surprise for Jackson's 3rd birthday party. It was so wonderfully fun to have her around all weekend. She and I got up early Saturday morning and ran around Lake Hefner (if you remember, she is doing the half marathon with me and our friend Jackie). We ran 11 miles without stopping and it took us just over an hour and a half. Only two weeks till the Half in Virginia Beach. We are ready..I think!

Last night was Jackson's meet the teacher night/ice cream social at his new preschool. We were all so excited and pulled up at 5:45 to the school parking lot where the event taking place. We pulled up and it was like a ghost town...NO ONE was there. I called my buddy Laura, whose son is going to be in Jackson's class this year and she said it was from 3:30-5 p.m., not 5:30-8 p.m. Way to go ME! Needless to say, we rolled with and drove Jackson around the school (he was especially excited about the basketball goals outside), and then went to Republic for dinner where Jackson watched every sport imaginable on the big screens there. He starts school Thursday and he is sooo excited.
So...that's what has been going on "behind the scenes," at the Stone house. What's been going on at YOUR house? How are you guys ending the summer? Leave a comment and let me know what Jackson and I just HAVE to do before school starts!
Best,
Lee Anne

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Be sure to get a Sno-cone!! Oh how I miss sno-cone stands. (there aren't any here- only espresso stands!) Both Daniel and my parents have been up to visit this summer which has been wonderful- other than that just busy getting ready for football season. Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Snuggle!

sandra haggard said...

looks like you have been having a good summer-he's a cutie--I love reading your blogs & FB--sounds like you are getting it all together--my thoughts & prayers are always with you--Sandra