Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My letter to Jackson on his 6th birthday.

To my dearest Jackson on your 6th birthday,
     
       6! 6 years old!

You turned 6 on August 31, 2013 and I can hardly believe another year has passed.

I feel like I blinked and you went from this teeny tiny 5 pound baby in the picture below.




























To my 52 pound, 50 inches tall little man!

Oh what joy you bring to my life each and every day.

Here are some highlights from your last year:

-You went through your last year of Pre-K and excelled with flying colors. Your teacher described you as, "The dream student." You became even more of a leader than you were before, but such a tender hearted leader at that. You constantly helped others and encouraged your friends to do their best!
-You have started to learn how to read! It blows my mind to watch you sound out words and I love seeing your satisfied face when you get a word right.
-You became quite a fish in the pool! You can swim on your own and you have figured out how to do somersaults underwater and flips into the pool. Scares me to death, but you've got this!
-You played your second year of T-Ball with some of your classmates, 3 on 3 soccer with your soccer team that you have been with since you were 3, played spring and summer basketball with an amazing group of young boys and your dad was one of the coaches, and you just started playing flag football. So many sports, so little time. I love watching you encourage your teammates and showcase your talents!
-You traveled to: Colorado Springs (twice!), Washington D.C., Annapolis, Maryland; New York City, Mexico and China!
-You lost two teeth!
-You went to Kanakuk Kampout and you got the I'm Third Award. Amazing.

And those are just SOME of the highlights.

Day in and day out I continue to thank God for the gift of YOU! What an honor it is to be your momma.

Your confidence in yourself and who you are is so inspiring! From picking out your own outfits, reminding me to "not forget my purse," to never being too shy to say hello to a new person, you are the perfect mix of your daddy and me.

Your little brother still thinks you hung the moon. Do you see how he mimics what you do every day all day? He looks up to you so much and I am so thankful for the love you both have for eachother. I find myself daily tearing up when I see your gentleness with him, or the way he looks at you with that big ol' smile on his face that he reserves only for you! I pray that you two will always have eachother and always be the best of friends.

You started kindergarten last week and already you are learning so much! Keep up the good work my love.

Always know that I am here for you always. I am forever changed because of you!

I love you THIIIIIISSSSSS much (to infinity and beyond),
Love,
Mommy.

No comments: