Thursday, July 22, 2010

Officially Official.

Well, it's officially official.

Bet you are wondering what I am talking about huh???

I am officially signed up for my first half marathon. And I am so lucky that my fabulous sister-in-law Ginny and one of my bestest friends Jackie are going to run it with me. Or actually, not with me cause they probably will both run past me.

We are going to be Team Isaiah and I am having shirts made for us, Renzi, Jackson, Dave (Ginny's hubby), George (Jackie's boyfriend) and anyone else who may want them! We are going to run in rememberance of my precious boy and I am so excited to actually DO something in his memory, ya know?

Anywho, here is the link to the Virginia Beach half marathon, Sunday, September 5. http://virginia-beach.competitor.com/

The reason why you may ask Virginia Beach? Well when I was researching the different runs, this phrase caught my eye..."this run is flat and pretty, right by the beach. no hills."

No hills?? Done. Sold.

We started our training for this run a couple of weeks ago. Jackie and I ran 7 miles last Sunday in Florida. All I could think about when I was done running was...holy crap. The half is 6 MORE miles than that.

OH DEAR GOODNESS!

Here goes nothing!
Lee Anne

2 comments:

Katie Nash said...

Good for you Lee Anne! What a great way to celebrate Isaiah. When are you guys flying to VA?? We are coming to OK that weekend and would love to see you guys.

Anonymous said...

YOU CAN DO IT! You're one tough chick!!